Rev Up Your Road Trip Sweepstakes
Summer is road trip time, but before you pack the trunk, it's probably a good idea to check your owner's manual for maintenance recommendations. It might be time for an oil change.
If it's time, remember that motor oil matters. You want to be sure that you or your oil change location pours the American Petroleum Institute (API) licensed oil recommended for your car or truck.
- If you're buying this oil yourself, look for the API Starburst or Donut on the label.
- If an oil change location is installing the oil for you, make sure you know what that shop is actually pouring into your car. A good deal on an oil change is only good when the oil's API licensed and meets the recommendations for your car or truck's engine.
This recommendation is coming from Motor Oil Matters, or MOM for short, a new program offered by the API.
- MOM's goal is to make sure cars and trucks get the oil they need.
- MOM does this by reminding car and truck owners about the benefits of pouring quality motor oils and calling on the carpet those who are pouring lower quality oils.
When the time comes to get your oil changed, be sure to bring MOM's oil change checklist found on the MotorOilMatters.org website. This simple checklist will help ensure that you get the oil recommended for your car or truck.
And now through July 10th, MOM is providing a chance to help you on your way with the "Rev Up Your Road Trip Sweepstakes" on Facebook!
- Enter for a chance to be one of 25 lucky winners to win a $100 Visa gift card for your summer road trip needs.
- It's easy to enter: just drive over to the Motor Oil Matters Facebook page, give the thumbs up by clicking "Like", and head to the "Rev Up Your Road Trip" tab. Ready, set, GO!
Don't forget: When the oil life monitor or the mileage on your car says it's time for an oil change, it's time. Also remember that car and truck manufacturers recommend specific oil viscosities and performance levels. Check your owner's manual for this information before you have the oil changed.
Check out the MOM website to see if your favorite oil change location's MOM-licensed! If it isn't, show them your copy of the checklist and ask them to sign up.
Be sure to also check out the @motoroilmatters Twitter page for the most recent updates and news while you prep for your summer road trip! And Happy Cruising!